The UT Austin Campus House of Prayer is conveniently located in West campus at: 2222 Rio Grande St, Suite B-130, Austin, TX 78705 (or if walking: directly on 22 ½ St between Rio Grande & Pearl next to Cream Whiskers)
If you have any questions regarding sign-up, email us or call our office Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, at (512) 331-5991.
When choosing an hour time slot below, please keep in mind that you are committing to that same day/hour every week of the semester (excluding holidays) with the date shown below as the final date of the semester. Thank you!
All regular CHOP prayer leaders will be required to attend an orientation or alternatively to meet with the CHOP team for an orientation before having your keys reactivated or being given a new key. Please contact us if you didn't make the orientation and need to meet up with us. Please plan for 30 minutes. Please view the core values of CHOP that we ask all who participate as a leader to embrace.
Core Values for the CHOP:
1) God-Centered, Simultaneous Worship and Prayer: “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” – John 4:24
God is the center and source, Jesus Christ is our foundation and the Holy Spirit is our empowerment. In this, we value merging corporate worship along with the prayer and ask that everyone who takes a slot incorporate some form of praise and worship.
2) Intercessory Prayer, On Earth as it is in Heaven: “Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” – Matthew 6:10
Out of intimacy with God, the CHOP is intended primarily to be a hub for active petition and declaration. It’s a place of Kingdom advancing, intercessory prayer for the campus and beyond, not primarily a personal devotional space.
3) Diversity of Expression and Group/Corporate Prayer: ““Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.” – Revelation 5:9
The CHOP is a place for groups to gather to pray together and for people from different backgrounds to express unique worship unot God. You are free to lead your prayer time as you will, but your commitment to a CHOP slot means that others are welcomed to join in your prayer set.
4) Prayer that Sends and Goes: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit…” – Matthew 28:19
CHOP is a united missions base: a mobilization point for the mission of God and justice of God on campus and beyond. CHOP is a type of “brain-trust” or strategy center beyond our differences. We gather together as one so that people may be sent out and live in communion and on mission with God on campus and beyond.
5) Informed and Unceasing Prayer – “Pray without ceasing.” – 1 Thess. 5:17
We value ongoing, round-the-clock prayer and worship for the campus that is informed by realities on the ground and practical needs that exist.
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR A PRAYER TIME FOR SPRING 2018.